Trouble with pattern

Hey ya’ll, I’m working on a new pattern, and one line has me stumped. I’ll give you the first 4 lines of the pattern, the row I’m struggling with is Row 3.

Row 1: (p2, k3) twice, p3, k3, p4, k3, p3, (k3, p2) twice
Row 2: (k2, p3) twice, k3, p3, k4, p3, k3, (p3, k2) twice
Row 3: p2, k3, p2, yarn back, bind 3 ( which means slip stitch, k1, yarn forward, k1, psso the k1, yarn forward, k1), p3, yarn back, bind 3, p4, yarn back, bind 3, p3, yarn back, bind 3, p2, k3, p2
Row 4: same as row 2.

My problem is the bind three. I’ve been passing the slip stitch over both the knit stitch and the stitch with the yo. But I’m adding stitches and it doesn’t make sense for the pattern. It looks strange. I’ve tried it over and over and no matter what I do, it still looks off. It’s eventually going to turn into a cable, and it ruins the cable.

Welcome!
Can you give us the name of the pattern or a link to it! The rows you’ve posted are fine. We’d just like to see a photo of the completed project.
Don’t use a stitch when you make the yarn over. Simply bring the yarn to the front between the needles, then over the right needle to the back. That’s it, yo completed.
For your pattern the slip stitch should go over the k1,yo and one more k1 and then off the right needle. The yo will add a stitch and the slip stitch will dec a stitch so the count should stay the same.