Trouble to read Panel Pats

Hi!

First of all, excuse my poor english, actually I’m a French knitter, using English Pattern (wich are much better than French ones by the way).

I’ve been knitting for a year now, I’m still a begginer but I’m a quick learner!

I’ve found this pattern of a beautiful cardigan.

I’ve translate and decode english instructions and abbreviations, but now I’ve got trouble to understand the pattern.

So, let me explain my pain:

I’ve knitted the beggining of the back, and the first two rows of the pats, but I’m stuck now!

The instruction says:

[B]1st row[/B]:
(RS). (K1. P1) 8 times. Work 1st row panel pat A.
P1. Work 1st row panel pat B. P2.
Work 1st row panel pat B.
P1.
Work 1st row panel pat C. Work
1st row panel pat A. Work 1st row
panel pat C. P1. Work from * to *
once more. P1. Work 1st row
panel pat A. (P1. K1) 8 times.
[B]2nd row[/B]:
(K1. P1) 7 times. K2.
Work 2nd row panel pat A. K1.
Work 2nd row panel pat B. K2.
Work 2nd row panel pat B.
K1.
Work 2nd row panel pat C. Work
2nd row panel pat A. Work 2nd row
panel pat C. K1. Work from * to *
once more. K1. Work 2nd row panel
pat A. K2. (P1. K1) 7 times.

Panel pats are now in position.
15 sts of seed st pat at sides are now in position.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures 20 ins 51 cm ending with RS facing for next row.

I thought that I should continue the pat as : 3rd row as the 1st (with K1.P1 8 time to begin) and 4th row like the 2nd (K1.P1 7 time to begin).

But I’m distribued by the sentence “[I]15 sts of seed st pat at sides are now in position[/I]” . Does it means that the other rows must begin with 15 st of seed st ? Or should I follow the order of the two first rows ?

Hope my trouble and question are clear enought, sorry, once angain, I’m French and even if I can understand english pretty well, it’s a bit more difficult to express myself

Anyway I wish you a pleasant evening
And thanks for your future help :muah:

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
If patterns A, B and C are two row patterns, you would repeat rows 1 and 2. It’s likely that they contain more rows however. For row 3, work the k1p1 (this is seed stitch) 8 times, then go on to row 3 of A, p1, row 3 of B and so on.
The first 15sts and the last 15sts are in seed stitch with a purl stitch at the separation between seed and pattern A at one edge and at the other edge, between pat A and seed stitch.

Your English is fantastic. No worries there.

Oh thanks a lot for your quick answer which is hightly helpful! Now I understand clearly how to proceed! It was a bit confusing between abreviations and foreign langage :slight_smile: anyway thank you for your kindness, I’m very glad to found this amazing forum! Hop to be able to help others knitters soon!
Have a good evening!
:hug: