Trouble deciphering pattern

I found the knitting pattern below. My problem is that I don’t understand it at all, could someone please help me out?

JUMPER:
Beg by casting on sts the entire width of garment, then work one and one square back and forth in GARTER ST - see explanation above.
Cast on 370-390-410-430-470 sts on circular needle size 4 mm with Delight. P 1 round. READ KNITTING TIP 1! Work next round as follows: K 17-18-19-20-22, slip 1 st as if to K, K 2 tog, psso, * K 34-36-38-40-44, slip 1 st as if to K, K 2 tog, psso *, repeat from - 9 times in total and finish with K 17-18-19-20-22 = 350-370-390-410-450 sts.

Welcome to KH. Do you have a specific question to begin?. Starting at the beginning and going through the whole pattern would be challenging, at least for me. Here’s a video on domino knitting. It might be helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_1ibXQH3L4

Thanks for the video link, certainly made things a lot clearer :slight_smile:

The pattern says

JUMPER:
Beg by casting on sts the entire width of garment, then work one and one square back and forth in GARTER ST - see explanation above.
Cast on 370-390-410-430-470 sts on circular needle size 4 mm with Delight. P 1 round. READ KNITTING TIP 1! Work next round as follows: K 17-18-19-20-22, slip 1 st as if to K, K 2 tog, psso, * K 34-36-38-40-44, slip 1 st as if to K, K 2 tog, psso *, repeat from - 9 times in total and finish with K 17-18-19-20-22 = 350-370-390-410-450 sts.

The first sentence makes no sense, considering what follows it. Any ideas?

Hi wondering if you can help me deciphering a patteren

Welcome to Knitting Help!

The first sentence is a bit cryptic but the next sentence tells you how to begin. Essentially this is a sweater made with mitered squares. The first sentence is telling you to cast on for the entire sweater although you’ll work each diamond in the pattern separately.
It might help to try it out on a small swatch just to make sure you have the pattern. That will also give you an idea of gauge so that you can figure out which size to make.
Please edit your first post to remove most of the pattern after that first paragraph. We can get into copyright problems even if this is a free pattern.

I am working this part of a row

LAST ROW WITH DOMINO SQUARES: Pick up 13-14-15-17-19 sts along the edge on the first square worked on back piece on last row. Work a half domino square (horizontal) – READ HALF/WHOLE DOMINO SQUARE (HORIZONTAL)

I am working the second size M so start with 14 sts. The instructions for the half domino square horizontal are below. My problem is that I only have 5 sts on the holder when there are 3 sts left on the needle.

HALF/WHOLE DOMINO SQUARE (horizontal):
Work as half/whole domino square but in addition to dec in the middle/side of square, slip last st at the end of every row on 1 stitch holder. Continue like this until 4-3-4-4-4 sts remain on needle.
SIZE S-L-XL-XXL/XXXL: Work next row (= RS) as follows: Slip 1 st as if to K, K 2 tog, psso, slip last st on row on the stitch holder in the side (6-7-8-9 sts on stitch holder in each side of the whole and 6-7-8-9 sts on stitch holder on the half). Cut the yarn and pull it through the remaining sts.

SIZE M: 3 sts remain on row (6 sts on stitch holder in each side).K 1 row from WS over the 3 sts.
Work next row (= RS) as follows: Slip 1 st as if to K, K 2 tog, psso (6 sts on stitch holder in each side of the whole and 6 sts on stitch holder on the half). Cut the yarn and pull it through the remaining sts.

I don’t think that it will matter since the next rows are finishing rows where you knit across, picking up sts between the squares. You can pick up an extra stitch between the edge square and the next to make up the numbers if you want.