I am trying to translate a pattern from Portuguese to English, and I so far have got most of it done, except for the finishing. From the looks of the picture and the pattern, it says to make “laces of tricot”. Basically it wants me to put a row of holes so I can lace an I-cord through it, but I am still pretty green at knitting, so I have NO idea how to do that.

Can someone clarify what this is, and possibly to a site that has visual on how to make it?

Thanks a million!!! cloud9

Yarn Overs (YO) are what you use usually to make holes for threading a cord/lace through. It is an increase because that adds a stitch so there should be a corresponding decrease (usually k2tog) next to it.
Here’s a video on doing YO. It’s at the bottom.