Transition from knit to purl or purl to purl in magic loop

I tried knitting reverse stockinette in magic loop and I noticed that at least after I have done knit stitches in previous rounds, the purl join curls downward and once I have done 2 rounds, I see what looks like the joins for 2 rounds twisting up on themselves.

I don’t have a picture but I am wondering if this is normal and will resolve itself as I purl more and more rounds.

Reverse stockinette is still stockinette. In the round you’re doing all purls instead of all knits so yes there will be some curling. More rounds may help, but the edge will still curl a bit.

What are you making? Can you please give us a pattern name and a link if possible? Don’t post the pattern here, but if you can post a picture of what you are talking about it might help, too.

Well I don’t have a picture of it yet but I am knitting custom fit knee high socks and going from ribbing to cable before I start the heel(a whole 12 inches of cable because that is my knee to ankle measurement - 2 inches of ribbing). I was thinking of cabling on both sides for that 12 inches and only on the instep side when I get to the foot(which would be on the back needle from my perspective or the front needle from somebody elses perspective).

Anyway most cabling patterns involve cabling on a background of reverse stockinette so the fact that I am getting this curl at the join between the last stitch of the previous needle and a purl stitch is important to me.