Top - Pattern Help

Hello everyone!
I only knit a few months and I need some help. I have to knit the piece from 16cm and up, I have marked it with red letters here. I know sounds pretty easy, but… It is knitted back and forth on circular needles and needs no sewing.

[COLOR=Red]When piece measures 15-16-17-18-19-20 cm K 3 rows on 12-14-16-18-20-22 sts each side (= 6-7-8-9-10-11 sts on each side of both MT), work remaining sts as before. On next row loosely cast off the middle 6-8-10-12-14-16 of the K sts each side for armhole and now complete each piece separately. [/COLOR]
(Do I cast off 8 or dec 8 to 4? Do I cut the yarn and start knitting the 14 sts? K 3 rows means knit garter stich? If yes start knitting RS or WS?)

Thanx in advance!!! :knitting:

[COLOR=Red]Worked back and forth on circular needle[/COLOR]

It’s worked on a circular needle, but flat, so you knit as if you were on straight needles. The circ is for a large number of sts.

[COLOR=Red]On next row loosely cast off the middle 6-8-10-12-14-16 of the K sts each side for armhole and now complete each piece separately. [/COLOR]
(Do I cast off 8 or dec 8 to 4? Do I cut the yarn and start knitting the 14 sts? K 3 rows means knit garter stich? If yes start knitting RS or WS?)

You would be casting/binding off 8 sts in middle of each side for the underarms; don’t cut the yarn, since you BO in the middle of the row, you need it to finish the row. K 3 rows could mean garter stitch or it could mean in stockinette as before. If you have a link to the picture, please post it.

First of all thank you so mush for replying!!! :aww:
I have the link!

I am sure I will need help again with this one… It looked easy and since I had just finished a very big sweater so I started this.

So I have to dec 8 sts each side (154-16) right? :aww:

If by side' you mean the underarms, where the sides will be when the pattern is finished, yes. But if you meanside’ as in each side of your knitting, no. Here’s what it should look like…

|-----|___|-------------|___|------|
|vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv |

The notches will be the underarm, that’s where you should bind off. This will divide you one piece into the back and two fronts.