Top pattern help

I’m at the Armholes section and I’m a bit stuck on the part where it says to dec 2 sts at each end of every 4th row (see tip), is that tip 1? And then it says at the same time, work fully fashioned dec on every 4th row, dec 2 sts 3 times (tip 2).
I have attached an image of the pattern, please can someone help me simplify the pattern?
Thank you

Yes, that’s it exactly. The difference between tips 1 and 2 is in the center panel stitch pattern. In tip 1 you’re working pattern III in the center while in tip 2 you’ve changed to pattern I in the center.
Just in case you need it, the decreases for the smallest size are on rows 1,5,9,13,17,21 and 25 (that’s the “7 times”) then on rows 29,33 and 37.

What is the name of your pattern?

I’m working the third size, so I currently have 117 sts, so would I start the armhole section as follows:
Row 1: sl1, k8, p1, k1 below, p1, k3tog, p1, k1 below, p1 repeat to last 9sts, k9
Row 2: sl1, p8, k1,p1,k1, 1 double dec (sl1, k2tog, psso) k1, p1, rep to last 9 sts, p9

Am I completely off? Please can you help me by writing out the pattern like that for the armhole section for me?

The pattern is called Top (11) in the August 21 Burda knitting magazine

Thank you

You’ve got the beginning of the row correctly but you need the dec at the end of the row too:
Row 1: sl1, k8 pattern II, p1, k1 below, p1, k3tog, (p1, k1 below) repeat to last 15sts, work sl, k2tog, psso, 3sts in pattern III, 8sts pattern II, edge stitch.

There’s a double dec at the beginning and at the end of the decrease rows.

Thank you so much for that.
For where it says “At the same time, work fully fashioned dec on every 4th row, dec 2 sts 3 times”, is this bit already incorporated into these 2 rows I’ve just written?
Do I do these decreases for 10 rows and then start the neck?

Work the initial set of decreases every 4th row 10 times with pattern III in the center. Then change to pattern II in the central portion of the row and work the decreases every 4th row 3 times more.
So you’ll be decreasing on 10 decrease rows, that is rows 1,5,9,13,17,21,25,29,33,37 and then on the 3 additional 4th rows 41,45,49. When you finish the decreases you’ll have 83sts and that’s when you start the neck shaping.