Top down sock

Say hello to my very first sock! As soon as I finished this, I started the second so that I couldn’t bail on it with “second sock fatigue”. I do find the last third of the sock challenging as DPNs are NOT my friends, but I guess with practice, I will improve. Also, the pattern called for a Kitchener stitch which I have trouble memorizing, so I used a three needle bind off. Yay!IMG_0997

5 Likes

I love the little heart on the heel - was that a result of colour pooling or did you knit it in?

Well done! Enjoy wearing the pair and thanks for the photo.

That was completely random - and I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out!

Thank you; this is one of the very few projects I have completed without writing for help - pretty ironic since I have avoided socks for a long time thinking they would be too difficult…

1 Like

I have never knit socks yet…I think I will attempt my first pair this winter. You’ve inspired me! Could you please share the name of the pattern you are using?

if you search for “knitting socks on 9 inch circular needles” you should see something from muffinchanel.com pop right up - have fun!

I must be showing my age. I swear I read it as “knitting socks on 9 inch nails.”
:metal: Rock on!

2 Likes

Well done. I’ve put a sock knitting kit on my Christmas list for Santa.

1 Like

When I knit socks I knit them both together on 2 sets I’d DPN’s. That way i finish them together. I have the Kitchener stitch written down which I follow on the last 10-12 stitches. I don’t like a pointy toe. My toes are ‘straight’ across - more squarish.

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention of three needle bind off! Hadn’t heard of it and that Kitchener stitch is challenging to say the least! Have to look it up on u-tube every time and never happy with the way it looks.

Good for you! I am bogged down on my first heel but I will persevere!

Welcome @Piano5678 !
If we can help, post your question. It’s ok to post a few rows just not a large portion of the pattern please, due to copyright. Give us the name of the pattern too.
Good luck with it!

Beautiful! I applaud you starting the second one so fast! I started a pair a year ago, and got as far as the top rim! Of the first one! I love love yours!

Thank you - I will take all the kudos I can get! It really helps that the pattern I used was very, very detailed and accurate:)

Beautiful sock! I don’t normally make socks, but when I have I use two sets of needles so I can do both socks at the same time. Knit the top of one then do the top of the other. Both done at the same time! Win!

3 Likes