Toe Up - Steek - Cuff Down?

I’ve been thinking, projects are easier for me to complete when I have the momentum. Making pairs of things seperately interrupts my momentum. Wouldn’t it be possible to knit socks from the toe-up, create a steek, and then knit the mate from the cuff down? I mean, you’d have to be pretty confident about your measurements and all but I still think it would work. :?? What do you think?

Umm… why not knit the pair on two circs?

That way you’re knitting both socks at once.

Currently? Because I only have one pair of circs, and I have literally no money to spare.

Why don’t you try it, and let us know??!! :thumbsup:

I have difficulty completing pairs of socks too, so I feel your pain.

Currently? Because I only have one pair of circs, and I have literally no money to spare.[/quote]

What size are you using? I have a spare set of 2.75’s that I won’t be using…

Did you check out www.Taraknit.com ? I remember you saying that your dad funded a set of DPNs for ya…I bet some parental unit could fund a FEW circs for ya at the prices you will see there! FREEEE shipping!! :thumbsup:

[size=2](Please be aware that Aidan is still in HS and its okay that his parents fund his knitting hardware.)[/size]

In theory, it’s a good idea, but in practice, I don’t think it would work. The cuff needs to be very elastic, and a steek is firm and not stretchy. :thinking:

I guess you could sew it with an elastic thread, but I’d still be worried about it being secure, especially with all the abuse the cuff endures when you put the sock on and take it off.

I thought about that too. But it’s always worth thinking about, eh?