To those expressing interest in M.R.'s sig. file

I have a copy of my book in my hands!
My publisher sent it: apparently new authors become so anxious re the actuality of things that publishers think it necessary to assuage said anxieties by producing Hard Evidence.
:slight_smile:
It’s not released till 1st August, and I have no understanding at all of how I have a copy of a book that won’t be in the stores for over two months - but there it is.
I shall do my best to take a Webcam photo of me holding it, just for fun! As advised previously re something else, though, don’t hold yer breath …

:yay:

:balloons:

That’s wonderful!
When do you get to thank “all the little people?” :mrgreen:

Do you know, GG, I remember laughing like anything at the poor unfortunate bloke who kept reminding himself to thank all the little people and then forgot to thank the really important ones - but I can’t remember where I saw it! Musta been an awards night of some kind, obviously … but … ? :expressionless:
Here are some teeny pics: I believe they are definitely large enough for the porpoise. The middle one is to show you that it really is a book, and not just a mock-up. :teehee:

This calls for a celebration! :clink:

I can only try to imagine how thrilling is. Enjoy! May you be rich and infamous or reclusive or whatever your heart desires!

:woohoo:

Tenks moch!
Sorry to be so obsessed about it; but all my friends and rellies live inter-State or overseas. No-one nearby to celebrate with.
Our fault, as I’ve written about …
I shall shut up about it, now.

You look fabulous! So nice to see you! And congratulations! Sorry your family is so far away, but we will celebrate with you! :cheering:

It’s because I’m totally solitary that I’m so hopeless at so many things. No-one to tell me I’m being a total twit, you know?
Thank-you so much for your lovely words: you are a delightful group of people.

I just figured out who you remind me of: Dame Judi Dench. I’m listening to her sing “Send in the Clowns” right now.

Congratulations, felicitations! There it is, a real book. I’m delighted to see the wonderful photos of you with it.

:muah::muah:Kudos to you! Being able to hold your own published book, about your own life, no less, is quite an accomplishment!!

:balloons:Congratulations on your publication!:balloons:

:aww:
Very much appreciated, all this! - to have the thing in my hands and no-one to share it with gives added value to your responses.
GOOD ON YOUSE ALL! - as our somewhat less grammatical Aussies are wont to say. :slight_smile:
:waving:

It feels like holding your newborn, doesn’t it? :cheering:

Dunno.
But They tell me so, Becky.