Time to De-Lurk!

Ok, I noticed in the welcome post we had a lot of lurkers! C’mon in, the water is fine! You don’t even have to tell us about yourself if you don’t want to… just post a smiley!

Well ya know that’s a common forum technique…

Alot of people get on forums to just read and research… I know that on the other forums I admin on … only about 75% of the people post… :slight_smile: The rest lurk and are active lurkers…

Yeah, I know… but that doesn’t mean I can’t try and coax them out :wink:

Maybe if you offer chocolate??

Oooh yeah. I even live in a Dutch community so you know I gots the good stuff :thumbsup:

What is the difference between just lurking and being an ‘active’ lurker?

(not being snarky, just curious!) :wink:

Good question… Ohhh Norman Bates

Well a Lurker is someone who comes and views… like every few days… an active lurker… if you watch thier forum footprints… will go through just about every topic on every board…

:slight_smile:

Hi. My name is Jennifer…
and I am a lurker!
I check the boards every day and read every single post - I dont know why I haven’t contributed - the biggest reason is that I don’t have much to add - I just read and learn :smiley:
And—I have to say I have learned A LOT :cheering:
If I could figure out how to post my pics - I’d share my FO’s with you too. I always get error messages that my files are too big. Who knew?
I do love this site…
Any other lurkers want to join in?

Pics are easy… there is a option at the very end when entering a post that says “Attach File” click browse… find it… and that’s all there is to it… unless they have a size limit.

You can also include a file hosted else where… by inclosing the http:// link with [ img ] [/ img ] tags (without the space)

Hi, my name is Carole and I am a semi lurker…new catagory. Just discovered this forum last week and I am not really familar with forums but enjoy all the information. Just started knitting after a few years off and I have become addicted. :XX:

thanks norman- but thats sorta the problem- I’ve been trying to use the pics from “my pics folder” on my pc- and it always errors out and says my images are too large. I know I need to resize them to upload them but don’t know how. Any ideas???

Yeah, knitwit, there are a few programs that can help you resize, most of them are expensive, but one that I know of, called Irfanview, can resize your pics, and best of all, it’s freeware. you can get it here.

Welcome to all the lurkers! Dang, guess I owe you some candy huh?

Knitwit here is another free one… I’ve never used it but a few friends have and liked it

http://www.picasa.com/index.php?tid=Y2NpZD0zNzc3

Are the tulips blooming, Nik? Got our latest issue of the Iowan magazine yesterday, tried hard not to cry…sniff, sniff <<HONK>>

I’m not a lurker. But I WANT chocolate!!! :cheering:

umm…yeah i will come outta hiding too if i can get some chocolate. i promise not to be so introverted! :hiding:

:inlove: Did someone mention chocolate???

like brendajos…i’m :hiding: and those other people that i heard mentioned…gardenia, brook and others that i don’t know bc i, too, am a lurker…a bad one…so…if u r a really bad lurker…do u get more chocolate…i need i need
promise :— really promise :— to no longer lurk or lie :—
JUST GIVE ME THE CHOCOLATE, :oops: sorry, i am embarrassed bc of my :hiding: …didn’t mean to raise my voice
welcome lurkers…do u have your chocolate yet?

Yes they are… or at least some of them are hanging in. I swear they know when Tulip Time is and always seem to hold on until then! And the promtly die the week after!