Thumb Gusset - counting trouble

hi everybody,

I’m knitting some gloves using the two circular needles-technique. :XX:
http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~kfairchi/fingerless%20gloves.html

I’ve knitted the some of the glove, but I run into a problem when I’m supposed to start on the thumb gusset. 'cause on circular #1 I have 28 stitches, and then the pattern says: On circular #1, K24, increase 1st in next 2sts, K2.

If my math-knowledge is corret, there will now be 30 sts on the circular needle. after a few round it says: On circular #1, K24 (26, 28), increase 1st in next stitch, K1, increase 1st in next stitch, K2. this is where I don’t understand anything, beacause here you don’t knit the 30 sts you have, there are only 29 sts that are knitted… :shock:

Does anyone have an answer for me? I haven’t knitted much in my life, so there’s probably something I have misunderstood in the pattern. I’d appreciate any answer :thumbsup:

My answer is that your math is correct.

I think one way to get around it is to try it this way:

k24, M1, k1, kfb, k2

You’ll use your 28 stitches and still end up with 30.

yeah, that’s fair enough, I understood how I’d get 30 sts out of the 28 sts I have, but my question is really what should I do on the next round that says: On circular #1, K24, increase 1st in next stitch, K1, increase 1st in next stitch, K2. when I have 30 sts and follow this pattern, one st that I haven’t knitted remains :frowning:

I see your point. You could, I suppose, k2 in the middle, but without it in front of me, I’m not sure.

There seems to be a mistake, I think.

okey, thanks Ingrid! :cheering:
I’ll try that, otherwise I’ll try to improvise something :happydance:

:XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

If all else fails, fudge! :wink: