I don’t know if I am knitting slower than usual, but the sweater I am working on for DH is taking FOREVER. It is Avast from Knitty. I actually did the sleeves first (I was on a plane, didn’t want to p/u sts on a plane). When I did the cable band, I replaced it with a double helix/DNA pattern. Then I picked up/increased to the number of sts the body will be - 217.
It takes me 15 minutes to complete a row There are about 7 rows per inch. That is 105 minutes per inch. I have 10 inches to go, which is 17.5 HOURS!!! And then I have to shape the armholes, assemble, AND sew on a zipper.
Oh well, at least I am not having to frog the body the way I kept having to frog the cable band and sleeves (somebody wasn’t reading the pattern correctly, and when she was, she kept spacing out!)
And at least I am using cashmere, which is soft and doesn’t fight me. It splits a little, but I’ll forgive it that.
BUT FIFTEEN HOURS of just stockinette!!! I am wishing I had a knitting machine… (if that would even work in this situation…)