Thinking to much

At times when I knit I tend to think to much and find myself stuck. My question is if it says, “Decrease 1st each end of needle on next and following 7 alternate rows” just what does that mean. I know how to dec 1st at each end, but the following 7 alt rows, I’m not sure. It could mean, dec 1st each end on not 1 but second row 7 times or dec 1st each end on every 7th row. See what I mean, I over think it. HELP!!! Someone define this for me so I can finish this sweater vest, please!

[

An ‘alt’ row is the alternate one, so that’s every other one, following just means after. So you dec on the next row, then on every other row 7 more times - 8 dec rows total.

If you would take your email address out of your post (click edit to remove it, then save) that will keep it from being harvested by spambots. People will either reply to your post, send you a message or there’s an option to send an email to you where your address isn’t posted online.

Thanks so much for your reply.

or dec 1st each end on every 7th row

Yes, I see what you mean, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one who overthinks to the point of confusion. Sometimes just looking at what I’m working on helps clarify: With sweater shaping, decreasing every 7th row would make for very long armholes, which is what I think you must be working on.

Welcome to KH and I hope we get to see your finished vest.

Thanks, I will post a pic when finished. And thanks again for your quote, it made me feel better about myself. I wish there was a knitting store around me, there was when I lived in Myrtle Beach, S.C. It was nice, you could go sit with people like yourself. Talk about what you were working on or bring it and work on it. But this is such a depressed area, I don’t think a knitting store would fly here. To bad!:thumbsup:

What part of MI are you in? Even if your town’s too small to have a yarn store, there may be one in the next larger one, or a group that meets up at the library or coffee shop to knit.