Things I knit for Christmas

Unfortunately, I’ve never been able to get my photos onto this site but…
For Christmas this year, I knit my oldest granddaughter a sweater - plain in mottled brown and black. Originally the pattern was a small sweater with 3/4 length sleeves and I knit the thing from top to bottom, sewed on the sleeves and everything, including blocking when I realized it would not fit her and it looked ugly… so I frogged it back to nothing and started over.
This time I lengthened the sleeves really long in black with huge brown cuffs on them and a thumb hole so she could stretch it over her hand when it got really cold.
I left the short waist and did a smaller neckline. On the front of the sweater, since she is a Dr. Who fan, I added a pattern of the Dr’s police booth that he flies around in. That was in brown against black. I felt really proud of it when it was finished… and also relieved… :slight_smile:
I was really tired of this sweater when it was finally finished but then I made a toque to go with it… Gluten for punishment… :slight_smile:
Then I made a pair of black socks out of dk yarn for my son… he has really big feet so it took forever…
Then I knit toques for my two step-grandsons, a pretty hat for my youngest granddaughter, a cowl for myself and an infinite scarf because I had two balls of a certain kind of yarn that the pattern called for and because I hadn’t made one before.
My daughter rec’d a hand knit shawl as well…
Most of these knitting things were done in doctor’s offices, since my husband has been very sick since about the middle of October.
I’m so glad I knit… Not only do you end up with beautiful things but it’s so therapeutic! :thumbsup:
TEMA :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

Tema, I’m sorry to hear about your husband’s health problems. I hope he’s on the mend soon.
You certainly have been busy and creative. The sweater, cowl, toques and socks sound wonderful. Would love to see photos.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

wow, you’re busy!
I’m sorry about your husband, but knitting certainly helps time go by while your’e waiting.

( I was in hospital over night a couple of months ago, I had brought knitting with me. I finished the item, and sneaked into the waiting room in the middle of the night to steal the yarn that is donated for blanket squares.
I finished ALL of their available yarn, and put the squares back. When I returned to my room, I overheard a couple of Drs. saying:

If we keep her a couple more days, do you think we can get her to knit us all a sweater?

I said: I HEARD that.

it was a good laugh, and they sent me home that morning.

knitone, I love that story! Good for you. Hope all is well now.

TEMA, wonderful gifts and lots of them. You have been busy and the results sound grand.

Best wishes for a happy New Year.

Wow, you are quite a knitter. They sound lovely. Keep up the good work and I hope your husband gets better soon. Keep on knitting.

Puddinpop