These are the socks that never end

Does seeing the reruns when I was a kid count? :wink:

FO Pics posted :slight_smile:

Nope! That’s like hand-me-downs, or inheriting! Lookin’ for original owners here!:teehee:

[COLOR="#300090"]

I posted about my [U][I][B]scarf that never ends[/B][/I][/U] some time ago but no-one caught the Sheri Lewis/Lamb chop reference. :sad: Of course it [B]was[/B] burried between my name and my signature lines.

I jut now caught the Dori reference someone else mentioned. Silly me I was thinking Dora-the-explorer instead of Dori the forgetful fish. :slight_smile:

Of course, there is another reference that applies…

(ArtLady posts YouTube video
[U][B]The Last Knit[/B][/U] for our enjoyment.)

–Jack [/COLOR]

Of course there’s the Pee Wee Herman’s Big Adventure quote where Pee Wee says:
"The mind plays tricks on you. You play tricks back! It’s like you’re unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting… "

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :woot:

I stand 6 feet 1 inch with size 13 feet and have the intent to knit kilt hose. I seem to take a year from toe to heel turn and them I have 27 inches of leg to knit. I sometimes ask myself why.

Didn’t [B]Nickers[/B], the trousers that end in a cuff just below the knee, require wearing hose that were knee high.

The recent dialog here seems like a likely reason why nickers went out of style.

:roflhard:

Not that I want to make this claim but I think I have y’all beat. But first congratulations on finishing the socks!

Yay!

But I so hear your pain!

For the record, my hubby is 6 ft 8 inches and has size 15 feet. He gets one pair of socks each year for Christmas. Because I was knitting a crib sized blanket for his sister’s first child I put off the socks this year. I knitted him a pair, just in time for Valentines, at 8 sts per inch, with 10 rows per inch… at 88 sts per round… I figure there was over 20,000 sts in that pair of sock… Not to mention I knit one sock for over 14 inches and discovered that I misread the directions and swatched in stockinette… instead of the pattern… and it was too tight… Then I misread my guage and discovered that after 8 inches into the next ‘first’ sock. So on the third ‘first’ sock attempt… I ditched the weave stitch went with stockinette and finished them in two weeks… DH has been informed this pair of socks is good for two Christmases.

I kneel at the foot of the master.

:rofl:

I also kneel at the foot of the master.

lol, and I kneel at the foot of my hubby… err… well… I attempt to cover them… lol.

If he weren’t so durned happy about those socks… lol

Wow, you have waaaay more stamina than me! LOL! Well, at least he clearly appreciates them!! :teehee: He’s very lucky to have you!