The next step... circular needles

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]So I’m merrily knitting along… gotta say I love knitting circularly … and I’m increasing before and after my markers. I have 3 orange markers to show my increase place and one green one to show the end of the round.
The next step says:
Next round: Knit front stitches, place next 44 sleeve sts on scrap yarn or stitch holder, keep one stitch marker in place, knit across the back stitches, place next 44 sleeve stitches on scrap yarn or stitch holder, keep stitch marker marking the beginning of the round in place.
Continue work even in St St until body measures 5" from under arm.

My question: How do I know which stitches are the front stitches and which ones are the back ones or does it matter? Do I count the stitches from the first stitch of the round? I know these are probably simple things to you great knitters here but I feel at a loss to explain it.
Thanks,
TEMA[/COLOR]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Just had to mention that I got to use the ‘magic loop’ method for the first part of the sweater when I cast on 80 stitches. My circulars are 32".
It was great! So glad I got to see the video about it here before I was confronted with the problem of my needle being too long for my cast on…
So greatly appreciated… thanks so much!
TEMA:muah: [/COLOR]

Just count the sts from the beginning of the round. At this point, you’re designating them as the front stitches from now on.

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]THanks very much for your advice, Suzeeq! I so appreciate it.
TEMA:hug: [/COLOR]