The New Adventures of Nadja or My Life as Claire

Oh, man. . . you can’t get a break, can you? :hug:Don’t forget to take care of YOU, too. :grphug:

I don’t know why I have such bad karma. I must have been really nasty last time around. Oh well just gotta keep laughing even if it’s hysterically.

Good to see you back Nadja~!:muah::muah::muah:

I dunno why bad news things come in waves. I already shared with you that after we lost dad, we had a total of 5 deaths that year:passedout:. I don’t understand why it seems like when you are you worst that life decides to kick you down one more time for good measure~!:wall::wall::ick: But I did learn a valuable lesson: THAT THAT DOESN’T KILL US MAKES US STRONGER~!!
That was a lesson I learned the HARD way and the first year is just the hardest… but I can say that time will help take the sharpness of the pain away. Sometimes you just have to remind yourself that this someone that I loved and loved me so much would want me to be happy. That is what keeps you going on… b/c they love us even beyond the grave~:hug::hug:

Laughing hysterically is a good thing!

My mom has Alzheimer’s too, I understand what you are going through.

:hug:

keep yourself busy…exercise is a good start…i hope you feel better soon …anything you need we are here for you :hug::muah:

:hug: Glad to see you back, and glad to see you’re trying to enjoy life!

I wish I knew why everything happens at the same time. It’s the case for us as well these days. It started with a car accident in June, but thankfully we were both fine. Then the bad news just started pouring down on us. 3 cases of cancer in my family, maybe 2 in my boyfriend’s family, and my brother announced us he was getting divorced and he’s very, very depressed. And all these people live in different cities, in 3 different provinces, and it’s impossible to help everybody. With my boyfriend trying to finish his thesis, and my job still highly unstable, we have a very busy life… :shock: But well there are no secret, I’m sure you know it too, we have to take it one day at a time, deal with each problem as they come. And eventually, we’ll be able to go forward! :muah:

Iza - :hug:

Things do seem to come in multiples.

I met up with stagebear and threesmom today at Sophie’s a LYS in Philly. It was so cool I really enjoyed meeting some of my KH buddies. They gave me the odd-ball care shawl that many of you all worked so hard on. Thank you all so much. It’s so pretty it made me cry, in a good way though. I have a hard time controlling my emotions these days. I’ll post pics later. After we split up I kind of hung out on South Street window shopping in the second hand stores. I hope we can get together again to do a real yarn crawl. I really had a great time. Thanks Lisa and Beth. Next time maybe spikey can make it. I love you all!!!:muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah:

I’m glad to see you made it out of there - I thought you might stay there forever. Hope you had fun on South Street.

yay! i am glad you have been getting out and enjoying yourself. I am also glad to hear you like the shawl :heart:

[B]My dad died 26 years ago and every day i think of him,he would have loved my hubby and his grandsons,my oldest one is named after him.It was his 67th birthday on saturday 6th october which hit me hard,never ever will i stop thinking of him,he was the best.I have Andy and my sons Brian and Nathan to look after now which i love,they keep me going.[/B]

Cheryl~~:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Here’s to having a wondeful Dad~!:clink::clink:

ainee

Just saying HI and hope you are doing alright. Take care!:hug:

So glad you like the shawl. My son lives on Church St. off Market in the old city. Maybe we can meet up some time when we’re visiting him.:hug::heart:

That sounds great!!!:woohoo: :woot: :hug: :muah:

So glad you guys had a nice time today. :grphug:

Hopefully I can make it next time.:happydance:

Spikey

you will feel better. you’ll always miss him, but the pain will lessen. do what you have to do to take care of yourself, and allow yourself those times to cry. sending positive thoughts your way… :heart:

I would really like that. We talked about you when stagebear and threesmom and I met. I was sorry you weren’t there I hope you can do it next time.

Hi Nadja ,

Hugs and love for you . Have a great weekend my friend.:slight_smile:

Spikey PMed me and was wondering how I was doing and she reminded me that I hadn’t posted anything for awhile. I have been thinking about you all. Well this is what’s been going on.

I went to my Db’s house for Thanksgiving and it was pretty weird. I’m not huge on family get togethers. I just don’t have much in common with my family. I don’t really feel like doing anything for the Holidays because it’s not the same without Jerry but the family wants me to do this and that and their trying to involve me. They don’t understand that without Jerry this time of year doesn’t mean very much to me. My DB wants me to come to his place for Christmas but I’m really not comfortable there. He’s a real neat freak, you can’t even wear your shoes in his house and if anything is spilled on his carpet he has a stroke. My DM is moving into assisted living this week and she would be very upset if I don’t spend Christmas with the family. I guess I’ll get into it as Christmas draws near.

I’ve been really busy at work lately. We have several big jobs that have to go out or we don’t get paid, and I really want to get paid. I’ve also been planning Jerry’s wake which was held yesterday. I was a nervous, emotional wreck all week but yesterday was not as hard as I thought it would be. It was a lot of work and $$$$ but it was worth it. There were so many people in my house at one point people could hardly move in some places. All the faculty from Moore College congregated in the kitchen and bitched about Moore and told their stories about Jerry. The living-room was full of friends and neighbors. We had people standing in the hallway and studio. The dining-room table was groaning under the weight of all the food. At around 5 PM we did a little memorial were people talked about their memories and I read some poems that Jerry had written to me. It was very beautiful and moving. His former students came from all over the country and one who lives in Paris emailed something that she wanted read. It was such a wonderful tribute. Jerry would have had a great time, he always loved a good party. I had set up the coffee table with his urn and a flag and pics of our grandchildren. I also put out on the table all the cards and letters that people had sent after he had died as well as a commendation from the President for his service in the Marines. I thought about sending it back to him and asking for the money in stead but in the end I decided to keep it so I framed it and put it out for everyone to see. I figured I wasn’t going to get the cash so I may as well keep the commendation. Over all it was a very good day, though I did have a good cry after everyone left but that’s OK. Today I felt better than I had in weeks. I am kind of moody right now but that’s because I’m tired and I’ve got my DM with me tonight because I’m taking her in for a minor procedure tomorrow and she’s kind of driving me a little crazy but I’ll get through it.