The sweater that my avatar comes from (to see the whole thing, it’s on the www link) was my comedy of errors. First I knit the side panels backwards so instead of forming a V like they were supposed to I had //. Frogged it.
Then I got up to where I had to add the Celtic symbol and I could not get it centered both on the front and back. Realized I was off by a pattern repeat. Took it off the needles to frog again and tried it on ‘just to see’ It was like a sausage skin! So in a way it was good that I had that problem.
Third time was a charm. Except when I cut into the actual sweater as I was cutting the steek in the wee hours of the morning. I yelled so loud I woke my daughter at the other end of the house. She thought I cut myself. I almost wish I had–I would have healed. I had to sew the sweater. It survived, thankfully!