The BEST Books on Knitting!

Hi there! I am SO happy to find knittinghelp!
I began knitting just over a year ago, and I absolutely love it. I used to read all day, and now I knit!

Actually, I got to knitting through a novel - which is now one of my :heart: favorite:heart: books of all time. [B]Its called “Sadie Shapiro’s Knitting Book”[/B]
Its a novel about knitting - not a how to book, but a really fabulous, funny, awesome story.
[B]I will share the book with you - check it out![/B]

[COLOR=“Red”]Here is a video by the author - Robert Kimmel Smith. I Highly recommend this novel!!![/COLOR]:thumbsup:

[B]Please share your favorite books on knitting, too![/B]

• TB

Since I learned to knit when I was a kid, I’m pretty set in my ways, but I found “The Complete Encyclopedia of Stitchery” at a yard sale for 50-cents. It’s old and probably out of print, but it has everything I need as a reference book for knit, crochet, macrame, even tatting, plus all the other needle crafts. I get everything else I could want right here at KnittingHelp. :cheering:

You’re not going to like my answer, but The Principles of Knitting by Hiatt, now out of print, which can run up to $400 for a new copy (used is usually about $150).

I absolutely love Debbie Stoller’s Stitch N Bitch: The Knitters Handbook !!

I just bought this and am learning to knit from it, it’s great!!

My favorites are Charted Knitting Designs by barbara Walker and for overall how to’s The Readers Digest Complete Guide to Needlework. The latter has instructions for every craft that uses yarn/string.

I ordered two knitting books last week, and have just sent one of them back.
I kept Stitchstyle Bags as it was so cheap but have sent Pam Allens Bag Style book back as the only patterns I really liked in it are free on Ravelry!