Thanks for the advice Now I know I have a problem

Thanks to everyone who advised me to pick Webs as the yarn store to visit. After I left there with 3 bags stuffed full of yarn my husband wasn’t about to let me go into another yarn store. I was overwhelmed in there. The warehouse is a dream/nightmare!

Now someone had advised that I should have a few projects in mind before going in and this was the best advise I DIDN’T heed. And here is where I admit I have a problem.

I have never gone into a store with a project in mind :wall: . This could (I’m hoping) be because I’m new to knitting. I get into a shop and I tell myself I’m just looking for ideas and then I lose all sense of reason and I walk out with yarn I have no idea what I’m going to do with. I don’t even know if I have enough yarn to do anything with I just know I :heart: the yarn and couldn’t live with out it.

I’m ashamed :oops: to admit that I’ve begun hiding yarn around my house because if anyone knew how much yarn I have (I don’t even really know how much I have :oops: :oops: ) they would start asking what I’m going to do with it all and I have no answer.

I am currently working on my first sweater (well actually my first 2 sweaters. It probably isn’t a good idea to have more than one project going at the same time but I got stuck on how to make a sleeve so I started a second sweater.)

Does anyone else have this problem? Does it get better as your knitting skills improve? Is there any hope for me?

Sorry, it only gets worse.

It’s entirely normal. I’ve only been at it since February, but I already have enough yarn to last me for years. I’m lucky to have a big closet to myself. I think DH would be shocked if he realized how much I had. Amused, but shocked. I had no idea that a knitting hobby would lead to a yarn habit, but apparently it’s very common. Welcome to the club. You’re in good company. :wink:

I was looking for the definition of small/medium/large stash size of yarn thread, but I couldn’t find it. Kemp, are you out there? Can you clarify the definition again? Let’s see where itsazoo’s stash falls in.

Don’t be silly, you know EXACTLY what you’re going to do with it.

You’re going to knit it. :rofl:

I would LOVE to go to WEBS!!! Lucky girl!
LOL, we all have the same problem! Buying yarn is just something that goes along with knitting! I love, love to buy yarn, as a matter of fact, I’m already making my list of the yarn that I want to get on our Christmas vacation!
You are not alone :roflhard: :rofl:

I call my husband “the enabler” because I’ll visit a yarn store and keep saying “oh look how pretty” and he just keeps telling me to “buy it, buy it”. :roflhard: I’m guessing there are worse addictions. When someone develops a 12 step program for yarn addiction, then I’ll seek help, until then I’ll be happy in my own little yarn induced world. :roflhard:

I call my husband “the enabler” because I’ll visit a yarn store and keep saying “oh look how pretty” and he just keeps telling me to “buy it, buy it”.

Oh, I wish my husband was like that. My husband is more of a “scowler” :-x . He was sitting in a little waiting area they have at Webs. (It was very nice with manly magazines and chairs.) And he kept trying to “track” me and see what I was doing.

Once I got into the warehouse (knitters wet dream) he couldn’t see me and by the time I came out I had an overflowing basket of yarn. (And to think I scoffed at a woman who pushed a shopping cart in :?? ) I was actually hiding behind a sign at the check-out so he couldn’t see me and then I gave the cashier all the cash I had and put the rest on a credit card so he wouldn’t know how much I really spent :oops: !

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Can you all even IMAGINE if Lonnie took Becka to WEBS?

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Maybe they should plan a vacation to NE just to so they can do that.

• :waah: Daughter is moving from NE to San Diego… will never have a chance to go to WEBS… they should have a web site… then I can just click & click & click & click… you get the idea… hugs…

They DO have a website ! Don’t forget to click the link from this site if you decided to buy.

OK OKOK where is web site… what is web site addy… * has credit card in hand… ( with a zero balance!!!)

:muah: :cheering: :happydance:

Enablers

:roflhard:

Here’s a link (with the KH referral code in it): WEBS :smiley:

I don’t even see what the problem is. :shrug: Baskets, carts full of yarn?? Nope, no problem there. :rofl:

[quote=“skNYC”]

Maybe they should plan a vacation to NE just to so they can do that.[/quote]

LOL, ya’ll are too funny :roflhard: :rofl: As I was reading the thread I was envisioning us walking through WEBS with the buggy!! LOL, if we went to NE for our Christmas vacation I do believe that WEBS would be our one and only yarn store stop instead of hitting everyone between here and Orlando like we normally do :rofl: :roflhard: LOL, I have already begun my “yarn list” for our Christmas vacation, too :cheering: :cheering: