Testers needed for woodland bear colour-work mitten

Hello all! I am looking for knitting testers for my first pattern, the Mató Mittens. These mittens feature a bear out on a hunt for fish surrounded by his forest home. The design was inspired by the native North Americans deep respect for this harmonious animal.

Materials
3mm double pointed needles (or 3.25 for bigger hands)
1 ½ skeins of 50g DK contrast wool
1 ½ skeins of 50g DK dominant wool
Scrap yarn for embroidered elements
Stitch marker

Testing needs:

• Complete at least one mitten by the deadline. You can do both mittens if you like!
  • Let me know if there are any grammatical or punctuation errors.
  • Determine if the pattern is workable.
  • Suggest the difficulty level.

Deadline:
March 1st

Contact
If you are interested in testing this pattern, please PM me and share with me your email. From there I will share with you the pattern!

5 Likes

Nice pattern. I’m tempted but have too much going to be sure I could meet the deadline.

1 Like

Hi GrumpyGramma,

I can certainly extend the deadline if it helps - let’s say 1st of March! :slight_smile:

I’ll have to think about it but March 1 would be more doable. Thanks. Would I have to do the heart on the bear? I like everything else but I don’t like heart motifs.

That is no problem at all! (If you still find that a bit too early, let me know - you are doing a big favour in testing this, so I am more than happy to be flexible :slight_smile: .)

Of course, I can adjust the pattern on my end in excel to fill in the heart squares if it helps? Or you could simply ignore the heart bit in the pattern and just continue with the contrast colour.

1 Like

Yeah, I could just skip the heart part. I’ll get back to you. I have to check my stash. I have to make myself stick exactly to patterns so that would be enough to keep me from wanting stray too far afield. My last test knit was a cape with cables, lots and lots of cables. Mittens would be fun.

1 Like

Is it just me, I can’t see the photo?

Can’t see either

Hmm, see if this works for you.
Mitten
It’s a great design and looks like a fun knit. With DK it’ll be faster than the usual fingering weight.

4 Likes

I see it and can’t say why it doesn’t show for others. Can you see this? If @Verbena2 doesn’t want me to copy/paste it, please let me know and I will remove it.

1 Like

Thank you for doing that! Sorry for the missing picture everyone! I think that it might happen if you view in on your mobiles perhaps. Earlier on when I was writing the post on the phone, I could not see the picture either, but since I have been on the PC I have not had this issue…

1 Like

Can see it now, thanks for sharing.
They look lovely. I’m not a mit person really even though I love how they look.

1 Like

Aw thank you! No worries at all. I appreciate the compliment :blush:

Together we resolve issues. :smiley: I only use my laptop, I hate doing things on my phone. I still have to check my stash. I have a nasty head cold and going to the store for food drained me so it might have to wait until tomorrow. I want to participate since I’ve never done mittens like these at all and I love the bear!

2 Likes

Oh I’m sorry :pensive: I hope you have a speedy recovery!

1 Like

What a lovely pattern, I am sorry but I don’t knit with 2+ colors. It make me anxious. All tangled ends.

1 Like

It’s okay, I completely understand. Though I can incorporate some extra tips in the pattern if you’d like. I used to be terrified at colourwork but I got there with time.

That is so cute. I too am tempted but I have not been knitting at all recently. (More than 6mo.) I have 4 sweaters charted & planned & I need another 2 hats, because I’ve lost my black one & the gray one is really worn now. I can’t get myself started. I keep wondering why I’m being so reluctant to start anything. I know myself well enough that even having an obligation probably won’t motivate me.

I think I lost heart when my niece wanted nothing to do with my offer to make her a lace bolero for her wedding next year. I had gotten all excited and she put the kabosh on it immediately. I guess I’m glad she didn’t let me actually spend the money & knit it. I’m old & don’t expect our taste to line up. But even so. I would love to have had something like that to treasure.

2 Likes

I can understand why you are hurt by this. I too have knit gifts for people and their reaction has either been muted or they have indeed said “oh I don’t like mittens!”. But I knit for myself. I enjoy the process and the personal achievement of making something special and unique. I really hope you feel more motivated to pick up your needles once more. Knitting really is the best thing.

1 Like

Hello all! I am looking for knitting testers for my first pattern, the Mató Mittens. These mittens feature a bear out on a hunt for fish surrounded by his forest home. The design was inspired by the native North Americans deep respect for this harmonious animal.

Materials
3mm double pointed needles (or 3.25 for bigger hands)
1 ½ skeins of 50g DK contrast wool
1 ½ skeins of 50g DK dominant wool
Scrap yarn for embroidered elements
Stitch marker

Testing needs:

Complete at least one mitten by the deadline. You can do both mittens if you like!
Let me know if there are any grammatical or punctuation errors.
Determine if the pattern is workable.
Suggest the difficulty level.
Deadline:
March 1st

Contact
If you are interested in testing this pattern, please PM me and share with me your email. From there I will share with you the pattern