Tassell help

Hi there,
I am a new member here and very new to knitting. I have just joined together a ponch and that has gone well but now I need to make the tassells and I’m not sure how to do it. Can anyone please tell me is there an easy way to make tassells? I just had a go at it but it doesn’t look right at all. I tried doing a search in google but it is not coming up with what I need. Any help would be very much appreciated.
thanks.

This is how I did it.

I took a piece of cardboard, about 3" wide, and wrapped my yarn around the cardboard about 20 times. Then, I took a length of yarn and tied it TIGHT around the top of the wraps (ie. at the top of the cardboard piece.). Then before removing the cardboard, cut the bottoms of the loops at the lower end of the cardboard piece. Remove cardboard, tie another length of yarn around about 1/2" from the top of the tassel, as tight as you can to form that little “ball” at the top of the tassel and voila!!

Hope that helps.

Oh thank you so very much, that is fantastic. You have explained that perfectly and I understand how to do it now. Thank you so much, that is great, now I can go and finish off my poncho.

That is how I made mine too. After wrapping the final piece around several times and tying it, I left long ends so they could be run down the center and trimmed off w/the rest and not really seen/noticed.

pat.