T7BP, huh?!

Hello all,

I would like to make a lovely snood for my mum but have decided to undertake the more difficult pattern in my Sirdar book which contains the instruction T7BP. I have looked on the internet for any reference of this but have found nothing!
This is what it should look like:

And here’s the full row’s instructions:

Any ideas? :slightly_smiling_face:

P x

Welcome to KnittingHelp!

Look at the beginning of the pattern and at the end for a list of abbreviations. Since this is from a book, also try the beginning and end of the book.

T7BP is likely a twist or cable 7 back purl. It may be like this stitch

but your photo shows a yarnover or some lacey stitch in the arms of the cable. The pattern should define this since it seems particular to the pattern.

2 Likes

I just happened to come across your reply. I always find your answers so clear! I had never heard of that stitch either- the video was so clear. I always find such interesting questions and ideas from KnittingHelp. Thank you for your wisdom and help.
Warmly, cair

1 Like

Thanks so much, cair. I wonder why it’s called T, probably for twist, rather than C, for cable? Maybe the initial poster will find the directions within the pattern.

Aha!! That looks promising. Thanks salmonmac. Where would I be without YouTube, it’s like a substitute grandma to me!