Guess what? I’ve been working on the back, toodling along… :knitting: And I realized I’d used up a whole ball of yarn just for the first 32 rows. Now, my back will have 188 rows (156 plus the 32 I had to add to compensate for my row gauge issue). That means… I’ll need almost 6 balls of yarn just for the charts, not counting the flowers, collar… and the 8 rows I have to add to both the sleeve caps…
I started to get this panicky feeling. How many balls of my DISCONTINUED, NO LONGER AVAILABLE AT WEBS yarn do I have left?! :oo: :shock:
Well, with much reluctance, I checked the bin where I am storing the yarn, and it turns out that I have 7 balls left. I honestly don’t know if it is going to be enough or not.
I had plenty based on the pattern requirement and size, but I never considered that adding so many rows to the pattern might put me over my 17 balls. If I get to the end of the yarn before the end of the jacket I am going to freak out!
I guess as a LAST resort I could always hit up other Ravelers and offer to buy a skein from them. I searched under Cascade 109 and there are at least 3 people who have it in their stash… OH man I hope it doesn’t come to that. If worse came to worse and I ran out and couldn’t get more, I don’t think I would knit Sylvi again. The back is actually pretty fun, but I didn’t really have fun with the sleeves and fronts, to be honest. Maybe I could face it again as a cardigan. Let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that.