Switching Needle Size

Do you think this pattern could be done with the Speed Stix? http://knitpicks.com/Abundance+Afghan_PD50502220.html It calls for size 19-32" circulars, but I know it would go so much faster with the Speed Stix and I could most definitely have it done by Christmas. I already have the yarn and it’s listed Super Bulky. I know it wouldn’t be a big as it’s supposed to be, but that’s okay because I was really wanting it to be a throw anyway.

Stacy

If you like the look of the fabric it produces, why not?

Of course. You will be knitting it flat, not tubular. The main reason they recommend circular is that you can cram a whole lot more stitches [as in a whole afghan’s width] on the circular than you usually can on the stick needles.

But hey, whatever works for you. Seems like the size of the needles would be what really matters, so long as you can get the proper texture, size of product and pattern. For example, if you want to do it as a baby’s blanket, I’d just use a much smaller size needle.

Dot

With the Speed Stix you may need to use the yarn double stranded. They’re a lot larger than 19s.