Switching from DPN to circular

I just started on my third pair of socks using DPN’s and I’m loving it. I don’t love losing needles (the couch has eaten 2 already) or breaking them.

How hard is it to convert to one circular needle? What do I have to change or do different?
I did read that I still had to do the heal on the DPN’s.

I found this http://www.divaknitting.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61&products_id=224
and it intrigued me.

Any and all opinions are welcome.

PS How do you post the link without the whole url?

I haven’t done the socks on 1 circ yet, but Silver has a great online class! It’s here.

To do the link the way you want (like above):

• Type the word you want to use as a link
  • Highlight the word
  • Click on the icon that looks like the earth with two chain-links at the bottom
  • Type or copy/paste the address in the window that pops up and hit OK.

Voila!

I personally don’t like using one circular because I find it too fussy - you have to keep adjusting and pulling out so much cable, but with dpns, I just knit. :slight_smile:

However, I definitely suggest trying it different ways and seeing what you like. I definitely wouldn’t say that using one circular needle for magic loop is any harder than dpns, just different. The same with two circulars. It’s just a matter of preference, so give different techniques a shot :thumbsup: Good luck!

I love knitting with magic loop. I find it easy and not fussy at all.

Heck I found a question here I can answer!:happydance:

To post a url with a title and not the whole url.

Follow this formula with no spaces.

[ u r l = the url here ]Title of what you want it to be [ / u r l]

Thanks, I tried that and got the link I posted. I’ll try again.

I am particularly interested in doing one circular needle and not magic loop. I just saw a women knitting (in a museum) with one circular needle that had a short cable.

Thanks for all the responses.

Denise

That works for sweaters and is very easy, but you usually can’t get 5" cables needed for socks and sleeves, so ML is a great option.