Sweater

Hi, Early happy Mother’s Day. I need help figuring this section out. I am knitting a sweater for my grandson. I at the left front and I finished knitting the rib rows. I am following the directions as written, I start with 35 st and should have 28 when done according to directions, but I end up with 27 st at the end, not 28. What am I doing wrong?

Hello

There are a couple of things I can think of which might have accidentally happened, which you could check

1. Did you check you had 35 to start and not lost one somewhere in the rib rows?
  2. Might you have done an extra p2tog by mistake?
  3. Might you have accidentally purled 3 together (if it’s fine yarn perhaps 2 were very close and you misread them as 1?)

The instruction in full is:
P1, p2tog,
P3, p2tog
P3, p2tog
P3, p2tog
P3, p2tog
P3, p2tog
P3, p2tog
P2

These add up correctly to start with 35 and end 28.
Maybe just try again taking this row really slowly?

1 Like

Thanks for responding. I did have 35 st, but I think I see where I went wrong. I’m going to start it again. I pulled it out so many times the yarn it’s kinda ragged now. I’ll get back to you later and let you know how it worked out. Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

Glad you have an idea of what to try next to get past the sticking point.

If the yarn is really messed up on that row you could cut it (leave an end to weave in) and rejoin a fresh piece at the beginning of this row.

1 Like

Aahhh! Success! Thanks for your help. Once I read how you wrote it, I realized what I was doing wrong. After the 1st sequence I kept repeating the p1 st. I didn’t restart it. I looked at it again this morning and saw it wasn’t that bad. Guess I was really tired last night. :yarn:

2 Likes

Yay! :partying_face:

1 Like