Sweater

I am knitting a sweater with out the buttonhole and I am lost I don’t know how to read the next part of right front http://www.favecrafts.com/Knit-Clothes-Patterns/Pocket-Cardigan-Knitting-Pattern

Thanks for the pattern link! Can you tell us exactly where you are in the pattern? What row are you having trouble with?

http://forum.knittinghelp.com/t/sweater/119983I am right where it says right front then it saysthen button band now I am not doing the buttons I cannot read what it says next when you start shaping the arm area I am lost

Which size are you making?

The largest size

Luann Price

OK, for the underarm and neck shaping, work across a right side (RS) row, turn and then bind off 10sts at the underarm. Continue across the wrong side (WS) row, do the buttonband, turn to the RS, work the buttonband, then decrease one stitch (I would use ssk here) and knit across to the armhole edge. This is decrease row 1.

Continue knitting the right front and decrease on the neck edge 8 more times on rows 3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17, and then on rows 21,25,29,33 and 35. You want the decreases just inside the buttonband. That’ll give you the V shape neckline with the band as a trim…

Have you figured out the buttonband or how you’d like to knit it?

Thank you for your time and help

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/13/16 5:08 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: sunshine3762@hotmail.com
Subject: [KnittingHelp Forum Community] [How-to Questions] Sweater

OK, for the underarm and neck shaping, work across a right side (RS) row, turn and then bind off 10sts at the underarm. Continue across the wrong side (WS) row, do the buttonband, turn to the RS, work the buttonband, then decrease one stitch (I would use ssk here) and knit across to the armhole edge. This is decrease row 1.

Continue knitting the right front and decrease on the neck edge 8 more times on rows 3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17, and then on rows 21,25,29,33 and 35. You want the decreases just inside the buttonband. That’ll give you the V shape neckline with the band as a trim…

Have you figured out the buttonband or how you’d like to knit it?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I am confusedoing I don’t want buttons and I am so stupid on what to do

Luann Price

It’s not you. The pattern is very confusing about the bands and I can’t see the photo well enough to tell what they did.
You can do the bands without buttons, of course and you can choose a stitch pattern that you like. I would continue the k2p2 rib up the band. That may well be the idea of the pattern but if so, there’s a mistake in the directions for the buttonhole.
You could also use k2p2 with the edge k2 maintained as garter stitch if you prefer. In that case all the edge sts (RS and WS)would be k2.
Or you could work the band entirely in garter stitch.
See if that helps and if not let us know what kind of pattern you would like and maybe I can help.