Sweater yokes

Hi!
I am working on a sweater that I am knitting in the round. It is my first sweater and I am having a hard time understanding what my pattern is telling me to do regarding creating the yokes.

Next row (RS): K60 (66, 72, 78, 84, 90) for back yoke, turn. From here on, back and front yokes are worked separately, back and forth in rows. While working the back yoke, leave the front yoke sts on the cable of your circular needle for later. Working just on these 60 (66, 72, 78, 84, 90) sts, knit 6 rows.

How do I create separate front and back yokes if I am knitting in the round? Am I supposed to set the other stitches off on a stitch holder?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
You’re not going to be working in the round for this part of the pattern. “From here on, back and front yokes are worked separately, back and forth in rows.” Keep turning at the end of a row on the given number of sts for your size.
Turn as you would at the end of a row after working the given number of sts. You can leave the rest of the sts on your needle (but be sure not to work them) or you can slip them onto a stitch holder.

1 Like