Sweater Sleeves

Hello,
I’m a little confused by these instructions…I need help. Here are the instructions:

Cast on 34 stitches. Knit 6 rows for border. Purl across next row. Working in stockinette stitch, increase 1 stitch (knit in front and back of the same stitch) each edge now. Then increase 1 stitch each edge every 10th row (0) times, every 8th row (8) times and every 6th row (2) times. Work even on the 56 stitches to approximately 19 1/2 inches from beginning ending with a purl row. I’m not sure where to start counting to rows…would the purl row be the 7th row or the stockinette row be the first row of increase? Please help, my sweater is almost finished.

Thanks so much !

Call the purl row after the 6 rows of knit, row 7. Then you would increase on the next knit row, row 8 and on the following rows 16,24,32,40, etc.
You can relax, however, a row or two off in making the increases won’t make much difference. Do you knit both sleeves at the same time? I find that that makes it easier to keep the sleeve increases the same on both sleeves.

Thank you so much! I’m not sure, why I was over thinking this and confusing
myself. Yes, I’m going to do both sleeves at the same time. Really
appreciate your help. Hopefully, I will get the sweater finished soon (lol)!