Sweater pattern help

I am just starting a sweater for my sister for Christmas. Here is a picture of the sweater:

http://www.knitonecrochettoo.com/PatternPages/1200_eyelettee.htm

The pattern reads: CO 83 sts.
Row 1 (RS); K1 *p1, k1; rep from * across
Row 2: P1, *k1, p1; rep from * across

Beg St st on first and last 0 sts. (for the size I am making, it says 0)
work eyelet pat on center 83 sts

The eyelet pattern says: row 1 (RS) K2, *yo, ssk, k4; rep from *, end yo, ssk, k1.
row 2 and all WS rows: purl
rows 3 and 5: knit
row 7: K5, *yo, ssk, k4; rep from * across

My questions are: the picture doesn’t look as though the eyelet pattern should start right away from the bottom- I did rows 1 and 2 of k1 p1, etc- but if I start the eyelet pattern on row 3, it seems as though the pattern will be much lower than in the picture. ??
Also, on the eyelet pattern- what does it mean in row 1 when it says end yo? I know what a yarn over is but not end yo?
I know this is wordy. Thanks!!

Hi Margie,

I agree with you that the picture doesn’t look like the eyelet pattern starts right away. :thinking: You could always add two more rows of ribbing then do stockinette for two (or four) rows before starting the eyelet pattern. That way you’d have a bit more space before the pattern.
As long as you do it the same way on the front and back, you can do any pattern alteration that suits you.

As far as the end yo goes: on your 83 stitches you K2, do 13 repeats of the pattern between* * and are left with 3 stitches on the left needle. You do yo, ssk (2 stitches), K1 and the row is done.

It’s a pretty sweater! What color are you using?

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

Thank you, Mary!! I did 6 rows in stockingette and then started the eyelet pattern. I am using cotonade yarn in a color called stone. It is a greyish green, kind of a sage color. Hopefully the sweater turns out good!! :wink: