Sweater Pattern help 3 needle bind off

The sweater pattern I’m using says to bind off the stitches for the shoulders. I want to use the 3 needle bind off when I join the front to the back and when I finished the front I put the shoulder stitches on holders. Here’s my problem…

[I]Back
Using smaller needles and MC, CO 45[55, 61, 65] sts. Work in stockinette st until work measures 1.25 inches, ending with a WS row.

Using larger needles, continue in stockinette st until work measures same as front to shoulder, ending with a WS row.

Next Row [RS]: BO 12[16, 18, 19] sts, k20[22, 24, 26] (there will be 21[23, 25, 27] on right needle), BO rem 12[16, 18, 19] sts. Place rem sts on stitch holder.[/I]

How do I finish up the back and place the shoulder stitches on holders and knit the middle stitches? I hope this post is clear and understandable.

Don’t BO the sts on the shoulders. On the previous row to the first BO instruction, only work till you have 12/16/18/19 sts left. Then turn and knit the other sts. Then leave all sts on holders and they should be ready for a 3 needle BO. I think the middle sts are the neck and should be left on the holder to pick up for a neckband.