Sweater help!

Hi! I’m trying to knit my first sweater and this part in the pattern is really confusing! The sweater is knit in 4 pieces: front, back, and 2 sleeves. This part is the front. I’ve already knit the bottom and am now attempting to shape the neck. Any explanation of this part would be much appreciated!!

Shape neck: Next row: K2. K2tog. K5 (neck edge). Leave rem sts on a spare needle.
Purl 1 row.
Dec 1 st at neck edge on next and following alt rows twice more, AT SAME TIME, cont dec at raglan edge as before on next and following alt rows until there are 2 sts.
Purl 1 row.
Next row: K2tog. Fasten off.
With RS of work facing, slip next 43 (45-47-47- 49) sts onto a st holder. Join yarn to rem sts. Knit to last 4 sts. Sl1. K1. psso. K2.
Purl 1 row.
Dec 1 st at neck edge on next and following alt rows twice more, AT SAME TIME, cont dec at raglan edge as before on next and following alt rows until there are 2 sts.
Purl 1 row.
Next row: Sl1. K1. psso. Fasten off.

Welcome to the forum!

You’re going to be working one shoulder at a time.
Shape neck: Next row: K2. K2tog. K5 (neck edge). Leave rem sts on a spare needle.
Purl 1 row
Call the next row, row 1. Decrease at the beginning of the row, the raglan edge and then dec at the end of the row, the neck edge. You can use a k2tog here. Purl the next row and then dec again as row 1 on rows 3 and 5.

That’ll get the first shoulder started. You’ll be saving the center sts to a holder for the neck and then shaping the other shoulder as a mirror image.