Sweater help: until piece measure x inches from beginning

I’m working on the “Debora Pullover” from ravelry as my first ever attempt at a sweater and am at the main body of the back piece where I have to do St st until piece measures x inches from beginning. Does this mean from the beginning of the St st or from the very start where it had me do the cabled ribbing?

I know this is probably a dumb question but I just want to make sure I do this right so I don’t have to tear everything out because I get the length wrong :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

which one is it? a search on ravelry for ‘deborah’ reveals hundreds… narrowing down by sweater only still leaves over 200, and most of them are from designer deborah somebodyorother… but even just ‘deborah’ in the actual pattern has about 10 choices… so which is yours? - a link, please :wink:

This should take you to the Debora Pullover pattern. Completely forgot to link to it in original post.

Thanks for the link.

From the pattern:
Change to St st; work even until piece
measures 22 (22½, 23, 23½, 24, 24½)” from
beginning, end with a WS row

Measure from the beginning, your cast on, and you want the last row you work to be a WS (purl) row. If it’s not an exact measurement, just a bit more or less won’t be a problem. Reading and interpreting patterns will get easier with more experience.

I’ll have to try that cabled rib.

Thanks so much! I figured that’s what it meant but wanted to be better safe than sorry :slight_smile:

Here’s a pic of what the ribbing looks like:)

Thank you for the photo. Your work is beautiful! Very, very nice even stitches. The rib is really pretty. Your sweater is going to be beautiful indeed.