Swallowtail Shawl Completed

Thanks to those that have helped me by answering questions that I posted in the two threads about this shawl. It is really pretty and I enjoyed making it.

I used Luster Alpaca (mernino/alpaca blend) from Yarn Treehouse Yarns that I purchased on Ebay.

I made 21 repeats of the first chart and you’ll notice that my bottom point is different from the pattern. That’s because I did not have the correct amount of stitches between the last repeat and the center st. I still like the way it turned out.

My pictures are too big to post and since I am on a public computer I’m having trouble resizing them. I will post pictures as soon as I am able to re do them.

it sounds pretty! can’t wait to see the pictures, isn’t technology frustrating sometimes?! can’t live with it, can’t live without it!

The swallowtail shawl is the beauty of all times!
Can’t wait to see your photos! :thumbsup:

Oh yes! Got to see the photos…just give us a link! Bet it’s Beautiful!!! :yay: :woohoo:

It’s such a great pattern. I can’t wait to see yours!

The system would not allow me to edit and add pictures to my first post at the beginning, but it has allowed me to add them here. So all is not lost.

This is not a hard shawl to make. It is easy to remember and follow. All but the nupps. I tried them several times (and I did make the yo’s, etc. loose), but they were just to testy and trying to deal with. So instead of nupps I placed a single K st. in that place.

Beautiful!!

It is absolutely gorgeous and you should be really proud of a job well done…your work is amazing!!! Fantastic photos! :yay: :yay: :yay:

wowwwwwwwwww’s its superbbbbbbbb

woooooow

very pretty!

Absolutely beautiful! Lovely work.

I forgot to mention the size. The shawl was approximately 32x26 before I blocked it and 64x32 afterwards.

I love the drape and feel of the yarn that I used. It’s a Merino/Alpaca blend.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

It’s so beautiful! I’ve also made one and plan to do another.
Wonderful job!

That is just crazy beautiful!!! WOW!! Congrats on a gorgeous project!

Your shawl is GORGEOUS!! The white is phenomenal! You did a lovely job on the photography too!

GREAT job!!

:thud: That is just beautiful!!

Amazing job…

That is really really beautiful!

Love it! Perfect!! :thud:

Marvelous:inlove::inlove::inlove: It’s been in my queue for some time now, i’ll get to it soon, i hope!