Suzeeq...i need you!

Hi there:cheering:I am working on this patternhttp://gailbable.tripod.com/id41.html I am on row26 (placing markers) please tell me “how” I end up with 20 sts after working this row:zombie: I keep getting 23 sts:frog: I know you will look at this and “get it” right away:muah::muah:Thanks Cheley

Do you have the right number of sts for all the sections? There should be 123 sts on your needle when you start the row. If you don’t have that many, you missed some somewhere.

Ok. I’ll count them…but if you “count” the row including the M1 how do you come up with 20 sts and not 23

I think you’re confused. As you do the M1 sts, there will be 20 for the front, 23 for the sleeve, 37 for the back, 23 for 2nd sleeve, 20 for the other front. That will bring the total number to 123 (I meant that you would start the row with 103, sorry; then you do the 20 inc sts which brings the number to 123 when you’re done.)

Here’s the row, for others who want to jump in…

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]K6, M1, K5, M1, K5, M1,K1, pm (20 sts for front),[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]K1, M1, K6, M1, K5, M1, K6, M1, K1, pm (23 sts for sleeve),[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]K1, M1, (K6, M1) twice, K5, M1, (K6, M1) twice, K1, pm (37 sts for back),[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]K1, M1, K6, M1, K5, M1, K6, M1, K1, pm (23 sts for other sleeve),[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]K1, M1, K5, M1, K5, M1, K6 (20 sts for other front). [/FONT][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

O.k. I am gonna do the math k6 and M1 is 8. plus 5 is 13 plus M1 is 15 plus K5 is 20 plus M1 is 22 plus K1 is 23 sts…Right??? So, back to my original ??? How is it 20 sts to pm… I HATE BEING A NEWBIE

You’re doing a kfb aren’t you? That uses a st each time; a M1 is pick up the bar between two sts and knit it with a twist. If you’re doing kfb, it’s going to have to be k5, kfb, k4, kfb, k4, kfb, k1.

Your M1s only add one stitch, not two (in fact, M1 means “make one”). So 6+1+5+1+5+1+1 = 20 stitches.

Jackie

You’re brilliant, woman! :yay:I was trying to figure out how she got two stitches out of a M1, but I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Jackie

It was pretty obvious once she posted that 6+inc=8…

:aww:

:woohoo:__IT…I was doing kfb the whole pattern:waah: the pattern says right in the beg for M1 DO backward loop place on the needles (for inc)… SUZEEQ YOUR A GENIOUS, WILL YOU LIVE WITH ME???:blush::cheering: I finally got the :knitting:thing, now if I learn to read I’ll be fine!!! Thank you soo much cheley

Where do you live cheley? Just kidding…