Summertime Tunic from Interweave Knits Starting June 1st

Hey everyone
My friend Toya and I are hosting a knitalong for the new free Interweave knit pattern summertime tunic

This is the website for the KAL
http://summertimetunickal.blogspot.com/

It will start June 1st
please email anixon1036@charter.net to join

Thanks guys! xxx

How funny…I just posted in my blog that I’m making this for my daughter. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the yarn by the time this starts, but if I can I’ll join in. :wink:

Join in anyway!!! Tee hee, I have to order my yarn! LOL

Problem is the start date is soon and I can’t afford to buy the yarn yet. I’ll join in late if necessary. By then you’ll have worked out all the kinks anyway, no? :teehee:

Tee hee, yep! lol

Hmm… it’s cute, but i’m absolutely in love with the summer wheat one, it is calling out my name :teehee:

I just printed off this pattern last night! But I don’t even know what yarn I would use, have to check the stash…it is a cute top!

This is very cute and looks easy. I’m “thinking” about it! :wink:

I’ve been thinking about this too… do you think shine from KP would work? it is cute… :teehee:

i just saved this pattern like 5 minutes ago! how funny :teehee: great minds and all that!!
:happydance:
I think i am going to knit it with microspun from lionbrand in black…it has a 24 sts=4" gauge, so i think i go up a size for a good fit?? anyways, not sure when i’ll get to it, but i’ll check back on you knitters! :heart:

I “think” the pattern calls for a DK weight yarn… I’m thinking of going with Cotlin from KP or Sonata from Elann. Soooo many choices though! :thinking:

:cheering: ohh thanks… I think I’m going to use Wine in the Sonata… :teehee: and going to go ahead and get some for my girl’s Monica… I never look at Elann’s I’m not sure why… I love their prices :rofl:

Hey! I’m making Monica too!!! lol

:happydance: :cheering: I haven’t started mine but going to soon!!!

Ok I ordered the wine color from Elann so I can start this… although I’ll be going home in June and mom doesn’t have a computer… so prolly won’t sign up for the KAL at the other site since my updates all summer will be far and in between… :rofl:

I’m wondering, can you use a yarn that’s not DK weight, as long as you get gauge with it? The yarn I’m thinking about is classified as a heavy worsted, it’s a nylon/cotton blend.

Sure, as long as you get gauge you should be fine I think. That is how to change the yarn in any pattern. Getting gauge with a yarn that much heavier might be hard, but it’s worth a try. I haven’t ever tried this though so… :??

I would, but, alas, I’m cutting myself off from buying any more yarn until I finish the current four projects I have going. :verysad:

i cast on all 226 sts today on sz 6 circs…i love the feel of the microspun, but it is veeeeeery loosely plied! :!!!:

i am planning on knitting straps in stead of using ribbons. i really shouldn’ t go bra-less :teehee: so i have two ideas…1) regular old straps in moss stitch probably 10 sts across… or 2) starting in the center back, one strap that becomes two (like a racer-back top)

so … thoughts? advice?

:happydance: I think either idea would prolly work… I think I’m leaning to the first idea you mentioned though… :teehee: I don’t like to go braless so was just planning on wearing a strap less… I wear them under all my tanks…

:cheering: I got my yarn today for monica and this… I really need to finish the Estonian wrap as it’s suppose to be a b-day gift on the 9th of June… but I reallllly wanna start both tanks :pout: :teehee: