Stumped

I have a pattern (tahki stacy charles) estee necklace.

the instructions are:

sp. abbreviations

K1-f/b: Knit 1 front and back (inc) - knit next st. then knit it tbl.

Cast on 3
Row 1: k1 - b/b, yo, k2 - 5 sts
so, i knit the first st., f/b and have 2 on right needle, and 2 on left needle…, i knit the next st, and have 3 on the right and 1 on the left. i havent knit anything tbl. and don’t understand knit 2 at end when i only have one.

If anyone understands this i will be impressed but could use any suggestions, comments etc.

Thank you

vwasak

"…so, i knit the first st., f/b and have 2 on right needle, and 2 on left needle…, [U]i knit the next st[/U], and have 3 on the right and 1 on the left. i havent knit anything tbl. and don’t understand knit 2 at end when i only have one."
Don’t knit the next st here. The directions are:
Kfb, yo, k2
You knit into the front and then through the back loop of the first st (that’s kfb), bring the yarn to the front between the needles, then over the right needle to the back (that’s the yo) and knit the next 2sts (that’s the k2). The second part of the kfb is where you knit tbl. The yo won’t use up a stitch. It’s just a drape over the needle followed by the k2. Take a look at the kfb and the yo on the Glossary tab at the top of the page.

The ‘b’ of the kfb is the part you ktbl. You start with 3 sts, kfb, yo, k2 and you have 5. The kfb and yo make the 2 new sts.

Thank you, I will give it a try