Stumped by pattern

i could you help with the following instructions:

Next 2 rows: Knit 4, turn purl to end.
Next 2 rows: Knit 8, turn purl to end.
Next 2 rows: Knit 12, turn purl to end.

cont as established until…

1st question: is the knit 4 and then the purl the 2 rows? if so, how do you avoid wholes? if it is a short row stitch do i wrap and turn the 4th stitch or the 5th stitch on the first row… HELP

Looks like these are short rows. You could wrap the next stitch after the knit, but generally it’s a matter of style, usually if it doesn’t call for it specifically, I won’t wrap it.

thanks for the reply. if you don’t wrap then how would you avoid a whole or gap

What is it you’re making?

a debbie bliss bolero. it is the left front and the instructions have me stumped. there is nothing in the pattern that referrs to a wrap and turn. not sure how to handle it. at first i was not sure what :next 2 rows: knit 4, turn purl to end. (is the the 2 rows or do i knit 4, turn purl to end 2 x’s.

“Next 2 rows: Knit 4, turn purl to end.
Next 2 rows: Knit 8, turn purl to end.
Next 2 rows: Knit 12, turn purl to end.”

Knit 4, turn purl to end makes up the 2 rows. Knit 8, turn purl to end is another 2 rows and knit 12 turn purl to end is yet another 2 rows.
Check in the very beginning of the pattern and see if there is any mention of a wrap and turn or any discussion, otherwise, just follow the directions without the wrap.

I agree. Debbie Bliss patterns are not amateurish, so if there is no w&t, then any resulting holes would be part of a decorative pattern.