Stuck! Please help

Hi - I am new to the forum and just started knitting. So far, many that I’ve talked to say I’m a quick learner and doing really well to start. I’m currently working on the Andorra Wrap, a free online pattern by O Wool (I will post the link in a reply)

I completed both of the first triangles but I’m stuck on the [I]Side 1 [/I]instructions. Here are the instructions - and I’ve used bold blue text to highlight the areas I do not understand.
[ul]
[li]Sl first 43 sts of Base Triangle 1 onto needle, pm
[/li][li]Sl [B][COLOR=“Blue”]first st from last[/COLOR][/B] 44 sts of Base Triangle 2 onto needle, pm
[/li][li]Sl [B][COLOR=“Blue”]rem 43 sts from last[/COLOR][/B] 44 sts of base triangle 2 onto needle
[/li][/ul]

Am I supposed to slip all these stitches onto one needle? Do they go on separate needles? What does it mean to slip first from last?

Also, If I am only slipping the first 43 sts of Base Triangle 1 - what do I do with the last 44 sts of Base Triangle 1? Do I just ignore them?

Thank you for any help you can offer!!

Here is the link to the pattern, as promised:

Welcome to KH!
Sounds like you have these sts on holders at the moment. Yes, slip the indicated sts onto the same needle in the order given. Leave any remaining sts on the holders. The pattern should deal with them later. You can read ahead to see where they are mentioned.
Basically, you’re joining the first 43sts that were knit for triangle 1 to the last 44sts that were knit for triangle 2. The middle stitch will have a marker on either side of it.

This is so helpful! Thank you so much for your reply!