Stuck on stiches.

I’m working on a Agathis pattern (hat) I’ve redone this twice now, first time I messed up horribly. I do great until I hit round 11, this is where I get so confused sparks fly out of my head and then smoke rolls out. The round goes; Rnd11: slM, p1 (C3Bp, p3, C4B, p3, C3Fp, C3Bp, C3Fp) 5 times, C3Bp, p3,
C4B, p3, C3Fp, C3Bp, sl 2 st on to cn and hold them in front, rM, p1 (the first
st of the rnd11), pM, k2 from cn.

The part that gets me is when I do the 5 rounds it then has me do the normal cables (no problem), 1st issue, I then go into the new round. 2nd issue, C3Bp, sl 2 st on to cn and hold them in front, rM, p1 (the first st of the rnd11), pM, k2 from cn.
It says (the first st of the rnd11), but I’ve already gone past it. This is what gets me. I’m sure it has to really easy, am I over thinking this?

I’m not the most experienced knitter, I started when I was six and have loved it ever since. But I’ve only recently gotten into cable knits (last year) and found myself brave enough (this year) to try hats. I’ve made at least 10 hats so far, it was a lot easier then I expected. I found this pattern and wanted to do it. But I got to round 11 and started to question why did I even bother. I was hoping to find a video on how to do it, because it’s easier for me to see it and do it then read it and do it. I’m just hoping someone here can maybe help me under stand what to do so I’m not trying at this until my head explodes.
Thank you in advance
One confused and frustrated knitter.

Great hat! I fall for cables every time. You’re looks lovely so far.

The hat has 132sts. Row 11 starts with p1 and then each repeat is 22sts repeated 5 times for 1 + 110sts (111sts).
Up to the marker takes another 21sts for a total of 132. You should get to the rM at the end of round.
Rnd11: slM, p1 (C3Bp, p3, C4B, p3, C3Fp, C3Bp, C3Fp) 5 times, C3Bp, p3,
C4B, p3, C3Fp, C3Bp, sl 2 st on to cn and hold them in front, rM, p1 (the first
st of the rnd11), pM, k2 from cn.

Is that the problem? You’re using more sts before the end of round? How many more?

1 Like

That might be, the first time I tried it, I know I started forgetting what I had done and may have repeated some stitches. Well, not may have certainly did repeat clearly. I’m about to try it again, I’ll just have to make sure I go slow and count. Thank you.

OK, yes, that could be it. It might help to place markers on the repeats. Even if you only do it for this row it’ll help maintain your sanity.

I didn’t think you place the markers. I will do that, I really don’t think I can try this a third time haha.

Got post round 11, but now hoping someone can help again. I’m on round 15 but in the start of it it says (C3Fp, p4, C4B, p4, C3Bp, p4) 6 times. I get to the p4, but still have a knit stitch. If I purl it i now have p5, not p4… I have no idea where I may have messed up.

It adds up to 132 so it may be that you missed a stitch in the instructions on this row or on the previous row. Count how many sts you have now and see if you get 132. If that’s correct, go back to the beginning of round 15 and name the sts. Make sure you see the 3stitch cable, the p4, the 4 stitch cable, etc in each repeat. You’re likely to find the mistake that way.

Thank you! First round complete!

This is such a good looking hat. You’re knitting looks great!