Stuck on sleeves!

Hello everyone! I have recently taken up knitting again after a 25 year break, and I’m stuck on the instruction for cardigan sleeves! My instruction says to increase 1 stitch at each end of 5th and every foll alt 4th row. I took this to mean every 8th row, but now my sleeve is already longer than the 30cm it should reach further on! Should it have been every 4th row? I’m confused! Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to KnittingHelp and welcome back to knitting!
Yes, the increases at each end (2 increases per increase row) should be every 4th row. Increase on rows 5,9,13,17,21,etc.

Thanks! I got the increase at each end bit, but to me, every alternate 4th row means every other 4th row, therefore every 8th! But my granddaughters arms aren’t that long! Every fourth makes much more sense! Thanks again!:slight_smile:

You know, I missed the “alt” or alternate. That would mean increase every 5th, then 4th, then 5th. That seems like torture to me because it would put the increases on right side (RS) and then wrong side (WS) rows, possible to do but a pain. I’d still go with every 4th.
Enjoy finishing the sweater!

Of course! 4th then 5th then 4th then 5th! Makes perfect sense now! That’s a lot of unpicking to do! :weary: Thank you!