Stripes while knitting in the round...on socks?

I know that I have asked this before, but now I have another question about adding stripes while knitting in the round (on dpns).

If I understand correctly, you start at the beginning of a round, yes?

If so, would you add the new color BEFORE you knit on ‘needle 1’ (where your stitch marker is) or AFTER you knit on ‘needle 1’ with the old color?

If I add the stripe, it will be about 4 or 5 rows wide, so I should break my yarn, right…? Should I lock in the two yarns or something? I’m nervous about leaving a broken piece of yarn while knitting in the round…eek.

:shock:

When adding a new color, start at the beginning of the round. So just pick it up in the first stitch after your marker.

It’s probably not a good idea to try to carry the yarn up 5 rows, so I would break it. It won’t come loose, but if you’re nervous, leave a longer tail of yarn than usual in case you have to do some adjusting/fixing. (You won’t, honest)

Wanna come hellllp me? :shock: Thanks, Sara.

I would if I could! I love dpn’s. Do not fear them, oh silly one. You can do such cool stuff in the round. Good luck! :heart:

You could always just buy some self striping yarn and avoid the issue all together :slight_smile:

YES! avoidance, denial, and procrastination!!! it’s the american way!

AMEN, sister. :thumbsup:

:roflhard:

LOL yes, I could buy the self-striping yarn…but I have faaaaar exceeded my SeX budget!!! Maybe next payday…

I hate when I exceed my sex budget :shock:

So here’s everything I came up with… :twisted:

i don’t have a SEX budget

It sucks when you have to wait to get paid for SEX

SEX should be free

I have some stuff you could use for SEX… you can pay me later

SEX deprivation can lead to blindness

i haven’t SEXed in a while… at LEAST 4 or 5 days.

I’m SEXing on Friday at a 40% off sale in at the VillageYarn Shoppe in Geneva (kk vicki suzie julie holly dotmom kimmie, 1to1? Anyone interesed in SEX?.. it’s okay to take off work for SEX… especially SEX like THIS!!!)

hope I didn’t leave any IL people out… i don’t want you to be disenfranchised from SEX.

and please remember to practice safe SEx. Especially when usig online SEx. You never know what you could end up with

[size=7][color=red]KNOTTY![/color][/size]
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

OOOHHH…I am soooo interested in SEX…40% off…is it on everything? I would even be willing to pay for shopping service/shipping for SEX like that!

i think it’s 40% off all the yarn. sex implements are full price.

:roflhard: