Stockinette stitching! I DON'T GET IT?

Alright, still working on the same project.
I just want to know…
When it asks for to work on the wrong side of the work does that mean the wrong side has to face you?

I don’t know if that sounds confusing?
If you need further… understanding of the problem I’ll try to explain?

Please help…
I want to get this done! :pray:

When they say end with a wrong side row, they mean that will be your last row for those directions.

When they say with wrong side facing, or ‘working on wrong side’ then it should be facing you.

Does that answer your question?

Well, yes…

Well, here are the directions :

1. Turn your work so the purl side is facing you
  2. Knit 2 stitches and purl to the end of the row
  3. Next row all stitches
  4. Repeat steps #5 & #6 until you have an additional 2" from the bottom of the cast on of 8 stitches.
  5. End by having finished working step #6
  6. On the wrong side of the work, knit 2 stitches, purl 2 stitches, wrap the yarn over the needle from the front to the back (this makes the buttonhole), purl 2 stitches together and purl to the end of the row.

But if i worked on the wrong side of it, I’d be knitting with the work in my right hand instead of my left. If I started knitting with my left hand, the “right” side of the work would be facing me.

I’m not too sure on how to explain it?

The way I see it is you’re working stockinette stitch with a garter edge for the button hole.

Are you having the problem with ‘4)’?

What exactly did you do before this?

What I’m seeing is that the odd rows are purled with a garter edge at the beginning of the row, and the even rows are all knit.

I just don’t understand how I should go about step #9 because the only way to hold the work so the “wrong” side is facing me is if I hold it in my right hand. But, aren’t you supposed to hold it in your left and acutally do the “work” with your right?

The last row before you do row 9 is a repeat of row 6. Row 6 is a knit row.

Turn your work and start working row 9. the purl row should be facing you, held in your left hand, ready to knit.