Stockinette stitch in the round

Does anybody know how to do stockinette stitch in the round?

I’m making a glove using 4 DPN and I’ve finished the ribbing and started on the stockinette part of the glove and the way I’ve done it has left me with one side that is open. So I think I may be doing it wrong

Stockinette in the round is knit every round. If there’s an ‘open’ side, then you haven’t joined your piece. Is it flat, or a tube?

These pictures may help.
http://community.knitpicks.com/notes/Knitting_in_the_Round

This is the pattern I’m trying to follow. I’ve finished the ribbing up until the “change to stockinette stitch, knit 3 rounds” part.

I thought stockinette stitch was a row of knit and a row of purl alternating. Is it different in the round?

Thanks for your help!

I thought stockinette stitch was a row of knit and a row of purl alternating. Is it different in the round?

Stockinette in the round is knit every row.
Stockinette Flat is knit one row, turn, purl one row.

Garter in the round is knit one row, purl one row.
Garter Flat is knit every row.

:knitting:
Melissa

You have to remember when knitting in the round that you are always looking and knitting on the right side of the project. So if you think it through, when you are knitting on straight needles you knit the right side and then purl the wrong side. If you only ever work the right side in the round, then you will only ever knit if you want stockinette.