Stockinette on DPNs

I am attempting my first “knitting in the round” experiment. My thingamabob was too small to use the circular needle I had so I’m on to using a set of double pointed needles. Here’s my Q:

I know that with circular needles to get a stockinette pattern you just knit the whole day long and it works out (instead of alternating rows between knit and pearl) since you’re never “turning” the work. So, logic seems to tell me that the same would be true for using double pointeds. Is this true? To get a stockinette tube on DPNS will I just knit every single row?

Thanks! This is gonna be a wine cozy full of mistakes–thank goodness it’s felted!

Exactamundo! The only difference you need to worry about on DPNs is to knit tightly when starting a new needle to keep it from being too loose. No need to stress and end up drinking the wine before it makes it to the cozy. :wink:

Felting does hide mistakes and I personally find it facinating that wool changes like that, anyway. I could easily become a felt-aholic just to experience the wonder over and over. :eyebrow:

The only difference you need to worry about on DPNs is to knit tightly when starting a new needle

Sweet! No need for me to worry about that then. My first post here was whining about my absurdly tight knitting :lol: If I finish the wine before the cozy I can always buy another bottle (or five). Right? RIGHT!!! Hehehehe…

Thanks for the tip!

I said FELT-AHOLIC…you lush. :roflhard: [size=2]how about a nice blush? :oops: [/size]