Stitch n Bitch Alien illusion scarf problem

Hi All, I’ve never done shadow knitting before and I seem to be having a problem with this pattern that’s in the Stitch and Bitch book. You work a alien face pattern into the scarf. I know someone it’s perfect for :), but the picture clearly shows it as a green alien with black eyes, and I’m getting a black alien with green eyes. Did they screw up the instruction chart by making the MC (main color) black, and the CC (contrasting color) green, or am I doing something wrong? I think reversing these colors will give me the effect I want, but I’m not sure. Doing it thier way you do get a green alien on the reverse side, but it’s not as good a picture as on the front.

Anyone else have this problem with the pattern?

Eva

Hi, I’m new here. This was the first project I did, I worked on it for ages thinking it was me that was wrong then I went and checked the website. It gives a list of the corrections including some for the scarf. You can find the website in the book.

It went o.k once I knew where I was going wrong. Good luck.

Yup–the chart in the book is printed wrong.

the colors are reversed. there is another mistake, (if i recall correctly) check for errata.

PS–i have the chart (not the whole pattern, just the chart) converted to text… (corrected) if you’d like it.

its a word document, with check off boxes for each completed row.

send me a IM/PM include your email address, since the file needs to be attached… and you can’t do attachments here.

Hi, Whew, at least it wasn’t me this time :). Thanks for the offer of the of the text, but I prefer to work from a chart. It shouldn’t be too hard now that I know what was wrong. I did go to the Stitch n Bitch site and the only mention of a problem with the pattern was the reversal of the colors. One other problem I did have was with the gauge. I knit loose and usually have to drop down a needle size, but on this pattern had a size 7 needle, and I needed a 4!
Thanks for the help.
Eva

is this a pattern of a Roswell Alien?

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee: maybe , i wonder how you would tell :teehee: :teehee:

This blog has some nice pics:
http://www.xtreme-knitting.com/photos-alienscarf.htm
You have to scroll down to see the alien. Veiwed straight on, as in the first picture, it just looks like a striped scarf.
I guess that’s an atypical Roswell alien :).