Stitch help

I am knitting a very easy christmas stocking but I have come a point where the pattern says knit 12 increase 1, increase 1, knit 12. That is all I get. when I increased my stitches got all bulky and didn’t knit. It was almost like they purled. I down loaded the pattern from sohappytobehere.com. Thanks in advance

http://www.sohappytobehere.com/2013/11/easy-striped-knit-stocking-pattern.html pattern link for anyone interested…

and you’re at the part that says…

Red - Row 30 Purl
White - Row 31 Knit 12, Increase 1, Increase 1, Knit 12
White - Row 32 Purl
White - Row 33 Knit 13, Increase 1, Increase 1, Knit 13
White - Row 34 Purl
Red - Row 35 Knit 2 together, Knit 12, Increase 1, Increase 1, Knit 12, Knit 2 together
etc

this is where you start increasing for the ‘foot’ part of the stocking (cuff down so far). none of the comments mention an issue with the increases but since she’s knitting flat, and then seaming, it looks like she’s putting the increases on the eventual fold line. different increases work differently… yarn overs, make ones, knit front-backs, all have their pros/cons. you may have to experiement with which kind you like better. and there’s the option of emailing the blogger/designer and asking her which she used (sounds like it’s the same kind, no matter which size).

thanks explains a lot. I think I can make it out now.

My pattern says: Repeat [(YO, K1] 2 times, repeat [YO, k2tog] 3 times) to end of rnd. I am confused, does this mean I YO, K1, YO,K1, YO, k2tog,YO, k2tog,YO, k2tog.

Thank you for any help I can get.

that’s exactly what it means. do that full repeat of “YO, K1, YO,K1, YO, k2tog,YO, k2tog,YO, k2tog” until the end of your round, however many stitches that is. but you got it right, you do the first part of the directions twice in a row, and then do the 2nd part of the directions 3 times in a row. and then repeat from the beginning.

Hello, I’ve just picked up my stocking (half finished) from last year but it appears the blog has shut down - does anyone have the full pattern they could share?
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum!
Maybe this pattern?

If not, please give us the pattern name if you can remember it.

This is it!
Thanks so much, really appreciate it.
Merry Christmas!