STEEKS are done!

DH got my sewing machine back from the shop yesterday. It was all tuned up and stitching like butter. So today, I did it.

I was scared and nervous. Silly, I know, but sheesh… this little baby sweater was a lot of work! Being paranoid, I drew some very light lines in pencil as a guide. I’m glad I did. It helped a lot. Stitching a line down a single column of stitches when said stitches are knit in baby weight with size 1s is not a cake walk.

But… SUCCESS!!! Stitched and cut, I’m now ready to sew on the sleeves and finish it up! :cheering:

that looks great, Silver… I can’t wait to see the final product. :thumbsup:

OOOOOH!! YOur work is beautful, Silver. :shock: I’d love to think I could knit somehting even close to that one day!. :oops:

thou hast the bravery of a lioness, silver. GORGEOUS!

WOW! You touched yarn with a sewing machine! brave :shock:

I just LOVE the fair isle work on that sweater. :heart:

. . . . and you survived! :smiley:

:cheering: beautiful dah’ling … simply dashing!!! Congrats! I so can’t wait to see the end … :mrgreen:

insert stomping foot emoticon here

We’re waaaiiitttiinnnggg … :drooling:

:angelgrin:

Thank you everyone. It was quite an experience. But, I don’t think I’ll be as scared next time. :slight_smile:

I’m working as fast as I can. Hopefully it will be all finished tomorrow. I have to sew the shoulder seams, set in the sleeves, knit the collar, then stitch all the hems. Then it’ll be done! :cheering:

Oh… and seeing as how I have plenty of yarn left over, I’m going to make a matching hat with ear flaps and baby socks! :heart:

:shock: SCARRRY!!!

:notworthy:

That sweater is gonna be TREASURED FOREVER, Sil…BEAUTIFUL job.

just don’t let her drink any grape juice while wearing it. “no, dear, you must go to the sterile room when wearing THE SWEATER, remember? Let me tie your hair back. Good. Now, dip your arms in the acetone and DON’T forget to stand in the exact CENTER of the plastic bubble!!”

This is exactly what I expect to happen. Except, the wearer will be a boy. The next boy in a plastic bubble. I’m sending a 47 page book of rules.

Is that wrong?

Maybe you could encase it in plastic, like people used to do for the “Good Furniture.” This way it can be wiped down with a sponge!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

All I have to say is :cheering: :cheering: and :notworthy: :notworthy: !!

It’s gorgeous! You’re a brave woman, sil…I’d be skered silly if I have cut something that beautiful.

Thats really cute!! :cheering:

Looks great Silver! Very very brave of you. :wink:

Man… the finishing on this sweater is monstrous! I was trying to finish it tonight, but I gotta hit the sack. yawn I’ll finish it tomorrow. :slight_smile:

So totally TRUE!!! No grape juice, no speghetti, no curry, no ketchup, no no no!!! Oh and did I mention - NO PLAY TIME EITHER!!! :lol: